PAWA Community Care (originally the Polish-Australian Welfare Association) was established in 1974 as a not-for-profit charitable organisation providing community-based care and support services to older Australians and their carers.
Our Purpose Purposeis to positively influence the lives of people we support by assisting them to live the best possible life at home, with independence and dignity.
Our Vision is to be the leaders in provision of culturally competent, high quality community care.
The Values under which we operate include:
- respecting diversity and dignity of individuals;
- encouraging persons independence and self-reliance;
- promoting active and healthy ageing;
- empowering people to make informed lifestyle choices;
- excellence in care and support;
- honesty and openness across all communications;
- commitment to learning and innovation; and
- integrity, high ethical standards and accountability.
Our Philosophy of Care
- Listen To Me
- Ask Me What I Think
- Do Not Dismiss My Concerns
- Always Look At Me Not At My Illness
- Talk To Me, Not About Me
- Respect My Privacy
- Don’t Keep me Waiting
- Do Things With Me Not For Me
- Keep Me Informed
- Remember Who I Was
- Let Me Feel And Experience The Warmth Of Your Care